Resources for New Parishioners
Information about St. Dominic's
Directions to St. Dominic's
Map of the Parish Grounds
Registration Form (Downloadable pdf)
Register Online (scroll down the organization list to St. Dominic's, Los Angeles)
JOIN THE COMMUNITY OF CATHOLICS AT SAINT DOMINIC AND CHECKOUT ONE OF OUR MANY MINISTRIES:
We are committed to offering
- Solid preaching in the tradition of the Dominicans, the Order of Preachers
- Opportunities for confession, ongoing conversion and transformation through classes, talks, retreats and ongoing formation to help form disciples.
- Beautiful, reverent liturgies, great music, a diversity of prayer opportunities and a rich devotional life to deepen your relationship with God.
- Opportunities to put your God-given gifts and talents at the service of others to build up the Kingdom of God.
- Occasions in which to gather with other disciples for prayer, socializing, service and learning together.
- Financial transparency which honors the contributions you make and makes us accountable before God.
Expectations for Parishioners
- Worship: At Mass we join Jesus in his priestly prayer for the whole world. This is the right/duty of the Christian. We also offer ourselves with Jesus, in the Holy Spirit to God the Father, and receive the Body and Blood of Jesus as food for our journey.
- Growth: Jesus said, "This is the will of my Father, that you should become my disciples" (John 15:8). Parishioners should commit to some program of faith formation each year.
- Service: Jesus said, "The Son of Man came not to be served, but to serve." (Mark 10:45). We expect each parishioner to be involved in some kind of ministry in the parish or some kind of service in the broader community.
- Connection: Jesus said, "This is how all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." (John 13:35). As members of Christ's body, we depend upon one another and commit to reaching out to a parishioner we do not yet know.
- Generosity: Jesus said, "For the measure with which you measure will in return be measured out to you." (Luke 6:38) All that we have is from God, and we are merely stewards of the resources we have. Giving should flow out of gratitude to God and for the support the ministry of the Church
"I found this gem from my coworkers since they go here. Coming from the East Hollywood area and having recently move to Eagle Rock a couple of years ago, I was in search of a parish church.
St. Dominic is as beautiful as it can get. The priests are very kind and sermons are intriguing."
Yelp review 6/26/2016
"Whoever is in Christ is a new creation: the old things have passed away; behold, new things have come."
2 Corinthians 5:17